Douglas M. Murphy, M.D.
Request an Appointment
Douglas M. Murphy, M.D. practices at the Potomac Valley Orthopaedic Associates division in Olney, Maryland. Dr. Murphy has been in orthopedic practice for 18 years and has had continuous and in-depth experience in hip arthroplasty and revision hip replacement.
- Dr Murphy recently completed a two year term as the inaugural president of the medical staff at Holy Cross Hospital in Germantown, and is currently serving as the director of the joint replacement program.
- Dr Murphy is on the Board of Directors of the Montgomery County Medical Society.
- Dr Murphy serves on the Mission and Population Health committee of the Holy Cross Board of Directors.
- Dr Murphy also regularly participates in the “Ask the Doctor” informational lecture series at Holy Cross in Germantown. To see the schedule or sign up for lectures click here.
- You can read some of Dr Murphy’s patients stories at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital here: Alice's Story -- Marie's Story
Dr. Murphy also sees patients at the Columbia, Maryland office and the Germantown, Maryland office.
Areas Of Expertise
Joint Arthroplasty and Arthroscopic Procedures
University of Illinois; Chicago, IL
Northwest Detroit Combined Orthopaedic Residency; Detroit, MI
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Board Certified
American Medical Association
Indiana Medical Society
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (A.A.O.S.)
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
Howard County General Hospital
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
Affiliated Surgery Centers
Hickory Ridge Surgery Center
MedStar Montgomery Medical Center