Experts at Using Minimally Invasive Arthroscopy for a Faster Return to Active Living.
With any injury or condition, we're committed to using the least invasive, most effective approach to get you back to normal activity – with as little pain as possible. Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure we use to diagnose and, many times, treat problems inside a joint.
Experienced and Skilled Experts
Our highly skilled and experienced surgeons are leaders in diagnosing and treating many orthopaedic conditions in the ankle, elbow, hip, knee, shoulder and wrist using arthroscopy. We want to relieve your pain and restore functional movement so you can get back to being active.
We make a small, buttonhole-sized incision in your skin and then insert pencil-sized instruments that contain a small lens and lighting system to "see" inside the joint without having to make a larger cut. If we identify a problem, we can often use the same incision to insert instruments to take care of it. This means less pain and faster recovery for you.
Personalized, Comprehensive, Prompt Care
Our physicians take time to listen to your concerns and consider your needs and goals. We may use various diagnostic tools before arthroscopy to determine if arthroscopy is the best treatment approach to take.
Injuries and Conditions
Some of the most frequent conditions found and often corrected using arthroscopy include:
- Ankle: Talar dome lesions, loose bodies, arthrodesis, lateral impingement, ankle sprain, removal of osteophytes
- Elbow: Loose bodies in joint, synovitis, removal of osteoophytes
- Hip: Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI), dysplasia, snapping hip syndromes, synovitis, loose bodies fragments, and hip joint infection
- Knee: Meniscal (cartilage) tears, chondromalacia (wearing or injury of cartilage cushion), and anterior cruciate ligament tears with instability
- Shoulder: Rotator cuff tendon tears, impingement syndrome, and recurrent dislocations
- Wrist: TFCC injuries
Ricardo L. Cook, M.D.Columbia, Germantown, Olney
Ira D. Gelb, M.D.Columbia
Charles F. Mess, Jr., M.D.Columbia, Germantown, Olney
Douglas M. Murphy, M.D.Columbia, Germantown, Olney
Alan Nagel, M.D.Germantown
Denis O'Brien, M.D.Olney, Silver Spring
Navinder S. Sethi, M.D.Columbia, Olney
Daniel C.H. Tang, M.D.Columbia