June 12, 2018
A Recipe To Help Seniors Get Their Extra Vitamin D
Did you know that people over 70 need more Vitamin D? Up to 200 IU per day! Vitamin D helps prevent bone fragility, which prevents injuries like hip fractures.
This recipe combines two sources of Vitamin D.
- 1/4 cup fortified orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (1-3) pound salmon fillet
Whisk together orange juice, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic and ginger
Place salmon in large bag and cover with marinade. Let sit for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Cook 2-5 minutes per side on a medium heat grill.
- Enjoy with a glass of fortified milk for even more Vitamin D!