Magnesium And Calcium Quinoa Salad Recipe For Healthy Bones
Vitamin D and calcium are both important for both health. And we've shared recipes to help you get your daily dose of those nutrients. However, did you know that magnesium is important for the health of your bones as well? It helps your body properly use all the calcium and Vitamin D you're getting!
Quinoa is a great source of calcium, and you can use it in recipes with cheese, so you can get your dairy with your magnesium. This quinoa salad recipes contains both.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled